Tuncurry National Events
Important Australian or Globally Famous events that occur around Tuncurry New South Wales and you are invited.
Annual events in and around Tuncurry, New South Wales
Tuncurry, located in the Mid North Coast region of New South Wales, Australia, is a beautiful and vibrant town with a rich cultural heritage. Throughout the year, Tuncurry and its surrounding areas host a number of nationally and globally recognised annual events that are sure to thrill locals and visitors alike.
1. Forster-Tuncurry Running Festival: Held every year in September, the Forster-Tuncurry Running Festival attracts hundreds of runners from all over the country to participate in the various race categories. The event includes a 21.1km half marathon, a 10km race, and a 5km race, as well as a special kids' race. The course takes participants on a scenic route along the beautiful coastline of Tuncurry and Forster.
2. Taree Motorcycle Club Motocross: One of the most exciting annual events in Tuncurry is the Taree Motorcycle Club Motocross. Held in August each year, the event attracts some of the best motocross riders from around the world to compete in different bike categories. With thrilling jumps and tight turns, the event is a must-see for anyone who loves the thrill of motorsports.
3. Forster-Tuncurry Christmas Carols: To celebrate the festive season, the Forster-Tuncurry Christmas Carols is held annually in December. The event features live music performances by local and national artists, as well as traditional carols. The highlight of the event is a spectacular fireworks display that lights up the night sky over Tuncurry.
4. Forster-Tuncurry Markets: Held on the second Sunday of every month, the Forster-Tuncurry Markets are a great opportunity to experience the local culture and grab some unique souvenirs. The markets offer a range of products, including handmade arts and crafts, clothing, jewelry, fresh produce, and more. The markets are held in different locations around Tuncurry and Forster, so be sure to check the schedule before you go.
5. Tuncurry Rockpool Challenge: For those who love a challenge, the Tuncurry Rockpool Challenge is an annual event that tests participants' physical abilities in a number of fun challenges. The event includes races, obstacle courses, and water-based challenges, all taking place in the natural rockpools of Tuncurry. The event is open to all ages and skill levels, making it a great option for families.
6. Forster-Tuncurry Jazz and Blues Festival: Held in June each year, the Forster-Tuncurry Jazz and Blues Festival attracts some of the most talented jazz and blues musicians from around the country. The event includes live performances, workshops, and masterclasses, all taking place in different venues around Tuncurry and Forster. The festival creates a lively atmosphere, with a range of food and drink options available for visitors.
7. Tuncurry Forster Triathlon: The Tuncurry Forster Triathlon is an annual event that attracts triathletes from around the country. The event includes a range of different race categories, including swim-bike-run events and duathlons. The course takes competitors on a scenic tour of Tuncurry and Forster, with challenging hills and coastal views along the way.
Tuncurry and its surrounding areas host a range of exciting and culturally enriching annual events throughout the year. With something for everyone, these events are a great opportunity to experience the local culture, get active, and have fun with family and friends.